- You may likewise decide not to give us "discretionary" Personal Data; however please remember that without it, we will most likely be unable to provide you with the full scope of our administrations or with the best client experience when utilizing our Services.
We recommend that you read this Policy in full to ensure you are fully informed.
What private data do we collect from the people who visit our website?
In the following description of our processing activities, we refer in each case to categories of personal data. A category includes several personal data, which are usually processed together for the purposes.
Personal data is information that can identify you or even make you identifiable.
We generally process the following categories of personal data for the following reasons:
a) Contact Information:
Name, address, telephone number, email address, your ID from any social media (if applicable).
Reason: If you contact us, we collect this data because we need to know who we are talking to and what we have been talking about so that we can help you with your reason for contacting us. This also applies if you leave comments on social media on our fan pages. We do not combine this data with your profile data on our platform, but we can still identify you by your social media ID.
b) Location data:
Address, Postcode, City, Street, Longitude, Latitude
Reason: We need these data to be able to determine which store you will be connecting to and to display the items which are in stock in that store and also to deliver your orders. We fetch the longitude and latitude from your current location to be able to process your delivery address in our other linked systems, such as our Rider app, and to display your address to our riders and also to determine store from where your products will be coming from.
Note: We are getting your location access only while setting the location for delivery and to determine the store as per your location. We are not using location to track your movements in background and this feature will only be used while using the app to set the address once.(This is optional and it is not restricting you from enjoying any of our services. This is only for the ease of the usage of our app.)
c) Profile data (master data):
Name, email address, password, telephone number, delivery addresses, interests, demographic data (age, delivery address)
Reason:This data is your master data, which we absolutely need for our services. Without an email address / telephone number and a password, you cannot create a profile. Together with your name, this is your master data. We need your age to ensure that you are not a minor.
d) Device information and access data:
Device ID, device identification, operating system and corresponding version, time of access, configuration settings, information on Internet connection (IP address)
Reason:With each access this information is stored by us for technical reasons. We also use parts of this information to detect suspicious behavior at an early stage and to avert damage.
e) Order information:
Order history, selected products, invoices, order ID, comments on orders, information on payment method, delivery address, successful orders, and cancelled orders
Reason:Each time you place an order, this information will be added to your profile. You can view all this information in your profile at any time. The information should give you an overview of your own interests and previous orders. We will also use the same information to improve our services. In addition, we will anonymize this information when you request a deletion or when your profile becomes inactive to continue to use this information in an anonymized form to optimize our services.
f) Communication data
Name, email address, telephone number, device ID
Reason:If you would like to receive a newsletter, an SMS, or an in-app push notification from us, we need certain information to send you the messages. Instead of addressing you with "Hey You", we find it more customer friendly to address you with your name. This category of personal information is also used by us to contact you, for example, if a product cannot be delivered and we want to offer you an alternative instead.
g) Payment information:
Payment method, pseudonymized credit card information
Reason:We need this information to track your payments and assign them to the orders you have placed.
h) Delivery information:
Name, delivery address, phone number, order ID
Reason:In accordance with the principle of data minimization, we only provide our riders and grocery store with the information that they need from you to prepare and deliver your order.
Data About Your Accounts on Other Services:
- We may obtain certain information through your social media or other online accounts if they are connected to your Company account. If you login to via Facebook or another third-party platform or service, we ask for your permission to access certain information about that other account. For example, depending on the platform or service, we may collect your name, profile picture, account ID number, login email address, location, the physical location of your access devices, gender, birthday, and list of friends or contacts.
- Social Networking Data: We may access personal information from social networking sites, and apps, including Facebook and Google, which may include your name, your social network username, location, email address, age, gender, profile picture, and any other public information. If you do not want us to access this information, please go to the specific social networking site and change your privacy settings.
- Mobile Device Data: If you use our website via a mobile device or app, we may collect information about your mobile device, including device ID, model and manufacturer, and location information.
- Those platforms and services make information available to us through their APIs. The information we receive depends on what information you (via your privacy settings) or the platform or service decide to give us.
- If you access or use our Services or to buy goods through a third-party platform or service, or click on any third-party links, the collection, use, and sharing of your data will also be subject to the privacy policies and other agreements of that third party.
When do we acquire information?
We get data from you when you get enlisted on our site, respond to an audit, give us reactions on our items or enter information on our site. Below are the examples:
- To register on our website to get updated about services or to buy goods.
- To create your account on the website (e.g., your name and email address)
- To process your orders via our online services (e.g., your name, address, date of birth, and payment details)
- To deal with our relationship with you, including notifying you about changes to our terms or security arrangement. Requesting that you leave an auditor to take an overview.
- To manage and ensure our business and this site (counting investigating, information examination, testing, framework upkeep, backing, announcing, and facilitating information).
- To send you our email newsletter and other automated email correspondences.
- To make proposals and suggestions to you about merchandise or administrations that might hold any importance with you.
Automatically collected information about your use of our Services or tools,
This information is registered automatically with the visit by own configuration or manual of each tool on the website
- When you visit, connect with, or utilize our service, we may gather, record, or create specific specialized data about you. We do so either autonomously or with the assistance of third gathering Service Providers, including using "cookies" and other following innovations.
- Such data comprises of availability, specialized and collected utilization data, for example, IP locations and general areas, gadget data (like sort, working framework, cell phone id, program form, region and language settings, Browser Information, Geographic location, Time of Visit, Referring site, applications or service, search engine utilized), date and time stamps of use, the and pixels introduced or used on such gadget and the recorded movement (meetings, clicks and further cooperation's) of Visitors and Users regarding our Service. for purposes including examination, service-, tasks, and business quality control and enhancements, and record-keeping purposes.
This is to improve the website, services, and security, among which we include security inspection by the administration of the website and third parties.
How do we handle social signals?
In Short: Right now, we are not offering this in the future. If you choose to register or log in to our website using a social media account, we may access certain information about you.
Our Sites offers you the ability to register and log in using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture, as well as other information you choose to make public.
Do we use Google Maps?
By using our Maps API Implementation, you agree to be bound by Google's Terms of Service. Using our implementation of the Google Maps APIs, you agree to allow us to access information about you, including personally identifiable information (such as usernames) and non-personally identifiable information (such as location). We will be collecting the following information: You agree to allow us to obtain or cache your location. You may revoke your consent at any time. We use data about location in conjunction with data from other data providers.
Do Not Track
Currently, various browsers — such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari — offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that relies on a technology known as a DNT header, which sends a signal to Web sites’ visited by the user about the user's browser DNT preference setting. Platform does not currently commit to responding to browsers' DNT signals with respect to the Company's Web sites, in part, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators, including no consistent standard of interpreting user intent. Platform takes privacy and meaningful choice seriously and will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
How do we use your details?
We may utilize the data we procure from you when you enlist, make a buy, or promoting correspondence, peruse the site, or utilize specific other site includes in the following ways:
- Create your account; and
- Deliver any goods or services purchased by you to you; and
- Correspond with you; and
- Compile anonymous statistical data for our own use or for a third party's use; and
- Assist law enforcement as necessary; and
- Prevent fraudulent activity on our website or mobile app; and
- Analyze trends to improve our website and offerings.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information (e.g., to help provide our Site services to you).
- To personalize and develop our site and the services we provide you and improve our offerings.
- To provide certain features or functionality of the services on the site.
- For marketing and promotions.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To provide you with support, to communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your experience and to deliver content and product and services relevant to your interests.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our site, services, databases, and other technology assets and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our site and services.
When we share personal information
Once your personal information is collected, as detailed above, we may share it with third parties for various reasons, among them email delivery, data hosting, analytics, payment processing and content streaming. These services may collect browsing data that includes IP addresses, referring pages, and users’ movements as they navigate the Website. Other third parties help us with our marketing efforts including sending and analyzing our marketing efforts by measuring whether recipients have opened an email and clicked on any content within it.
When we share your personal information with a third party, we require that third party to protect the information consistent with this Statement and limit its use of the information to performing the services they provide to us. For example, when we share personal information with payment processors or presenters of web seminars, its use is limited to providing that service.
- Recognizing you if you sign in to use our offerings. This allows us to provide you with recommendations, display personalized content, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honor your likes and dislikes, such as your language and configuration preferences.
- Detecting and preventing fraudulent activity and improving security.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve our offerings.
- Reporting, which allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our offerings.
- Strictly Necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are often set in response to actions made by you, which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
- Functional cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
- Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
- Targeting cookies: These cookies may be set through our site and may be used to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on. These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Cookie Preferences on Jeeb E Commerce website: Our cookies allow you to take advantage of some essential and useful features. Blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of our sites. You can change your cookie preferences at any time by clicking ‘Cookie Preferences’ in the footer of the Platform website.
Browser settings: You can also manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The 'Help' feature on most browsers will tell you how to remove cookies from your device, prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. Check the support site for your browser to understand privacy settings available to you. If you block or reject some of our cookies through your browser’s settings, you might not be able to use certain offerings that require you to sign-in to an account and some features and services may not work. You might also have to manually adjust your preferences or settings every time you visit our website.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You may have the following rights: -
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request deletion of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data's accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful, but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
How do we protect your details?
- We have implemented industry-accepted administrative, physical, and technology-based security measures to protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration of personal information in our systems. We ensure that any employee, contractor, corporation, organization, or vendor who has access to personal information in our systems is subject to legal and professional obligations to safeguard that personal information.
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI specifications.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Your individual information is comprised behind secured systems and is merely accessible by a restricted number of folks who've special access privileges to such systems and must keep the information confidential carefully. Furthermore, all very sensitive/credit information you resource is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement several security measures whenever a user gets into, submits, or accesses their information to keep up the protection of your individual information.
- While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet or form of electronic storage is 100 percent secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Platform prohibits unauthorized access or use of personal information stored on our servers. Such access is a violation of law, and we will fully investigate and press charges against any party that has illegally accessed information within our systems.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a regulation that sets the guidelines for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial announcements, offers recipients to have emails ceased from being delivered to them, and spells out hard fines for violations.
We accumulate your email to be able to:
- Send information, react to questions, and/or other demands or questions
- To maintain compliance with CANSPAM, we consent to the next:
- Not use untrue or misleading subject matter or email addresses.
- Identify the concept as an advertisement in some realistic way.
- Include the physical address of our site headquarters or business
- Screen third-party email marketing services for conformity, if one can be used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe demands quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe utilizing the link at the bottom of every email.
If anytime you want to unsubscribe from receiving future email, you can email us at by using contact form at our website and app, we'll immediately remove you from ALL communication.
Limitation of liability
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages so some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
- We make no legal representation that the website or products are appropriate or available for use in locations outside Qatar. You may access the website from outside Qatar.at your own risk and initiative and must bear all responsibility for compliance with any applicable foreign laws.
- Upon visiting this website you agree release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Jeeb E Commerce and any of its contractors, agents, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates and assigns from all liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses, of third parties relating to or arising out of your use of the website content; your use of the products; your violation of any provision of these terms; any unauthorized information or data you supplied to us. You will have sole responsibility to defend us against any claim, but you must receive our prior written consent regarding any related settlement.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- This website originates from Qatar. The laws of Qatar. without regard to its conflict of law principles will govern these terms to the contrary. You, hereby agree that all disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of Qatar. By using this website, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts in connection with any action, suit, proceeding, or claim arising under or by reason of these terms. You hereby waive any right to trial by jury arising out of these terms.
Changes to this privacy notice
- We reserve the right to alter this privacy notice at any time. Such alterations will be posted on our website. You can also obtain an up-to-date copy of our privacy notice by contacting us.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Policy or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to individual rights and your Personal Information, you may do so via the contact us or email us.
Jeeb E Commerce
This document was last updated on March 26, 2022